Community Advocacy Services are for people who need support to deal with an issue they are facing.
Services are open to adults 18 or over, and people can generally use Community Advocacy Services if they are:
- In a situation where they feel vulnerable, discriminated against or at risk of abuse (financial, emotional, physical, sexual, psychological or institutional)
- Finding it difficult to put their views across or don't feel they are being listened to
- Feeling that they do not have support from someone who has their best interests at heart
- Facing a major life change that could mean that they will need to access support services
- Wishing to try and re-access secondary services
- Providing Unpaid care for a relative, friend or neighbour and need to understand their own rights as a carer and accessing support services